Halifax Cast Iron Soil System
The Halifax Soil system is a range of soil pipes and various connectors which is stocked in 100 and 150mm options. It is used for large, public area rainwater drainage and for internal soil systems. Manufactured by Hargeaves, it carries BBA certifications and BS-EN 877 standards. The cast iron is extremely long lasting, partly due to the red epoxy coating. Halifax Soil has lots of benefits - it is tremendoulsy strong when compared to PVC, and it has good acoustic properties, keeping water flow noise down which makes it very popular for use in commercial or public settings.
Please allow 3-5 days for delivery of these products.
Please note that for orders up to £750 + VAT, cast iron soil products are subject to a manufacturers’ delivery charge due to their heavy weight and carrier restrictions. Click "READ MORE DETAILS" to view a full table of delivery charges. Delivery is free on all orders over £750 + VAT.
Please be aware that we are currently experiencing extended lead times on our Cast Iron products, please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
WHERE IS HALIFAX SOIL USED?
Due to its strength, resistance to vandalism and sound deadening qualities, Halifax Soil is most commonly found in public places such as Multi-Storey Car Parks, Schools, Hospitals and other Public Buildings. It is also well suited to installation in tower blocks, hotels and apartments.
Drainage on bridges often uses Halifax, particularly when it is exposed. You will also regularly see Halifax installed in shopping centres and retail outlets.
HOW LONG WILL HALIFAX SOIL LAST?
Provided it is properly installed and well maintained, Halifax Soil systems will last a lifetime. Cast iron is also 100% recyclable, making it an excellent environmental choice.
JOINING HALIFAX SOIL
Halifax can be jointed in two different ways: the Steel Max Coupling, which is an easy to use single-screw design is the quickest way to make a joint. It comes in a galvanised steel finish. The other method is to use a Ductile Iron Coupling, which comes in the same red finish as the pipework. Both types of joiner will provide electrical continuity as standard when correctly installed. More details can be found here or by visiting our Guides & Tips section.
CONNECTING HALIFAX TO PVC SOIL PIPES
Halifax can be joined to most PVC Soil systems or PVC Drainage by using the HS4002 and HS6002 Steel Max couplings, or the HS4012 and HS6012 Ductile Iron Coupling. More details can be found here.
CORRECTLY SUPPORTING THE HALIFAX SYSTEM
Cast Iron is a very material and as such it is vitally important that it is correctly supported in place. Please download our support instructions here.
DIMENSIONS AND FULL HALIFAX SOIL SPECIFICATIONS
For detailed product specifications for all products in the Halifax range a full technical catalogue can be downloaded here.
Want some advice on how to install your soil and waste system, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.
Guides & Reviews
Installation & Maintenance
HARGREAVES DELIVERIES & RETURNS
Delivery of Hargreaves Foundry Cast Iron Products
Please note - there is an extended lead time for some of these products as detailed below.
Next day delivery is available on (providing orders are placed by 12 noon):
- Round Downpipes & Fittings
- Gutters & Fittings
- Standard Rainwater Heads
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) fittings and 1.8mtr lengths
Please allow 3-5 days for delivery of any:
- Soil Pipes & Fittings
- Drainage Pipes & Fittings
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) 3mtr lengths
Our Returns Policy for Hargreaves Foundry Products
Our cast iron products come direct from Hargreaves Foundry (HF) in Halifax so returns will need to go directly back to them.
Terms & Conditions of any returns
- All return requests must be notified within 90 days of the goods being despatched from HF. All damaged items must be notified within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- HF reserve the right to inspect the goods prior to any agreement to return.
- All items must be returned in a saleable condition.
- Once agreed, the goods must be returned within 14 days from the date on the Return Form. Otherwise the return will be deemed void and no credit raised.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange and pay the cost of returning the goods to HF.
- All returns must be accompanied with the relevant Return Form.
- The original carriage charge is non-refundable.
- If for any reason the goods are returned damaged, HF reserve the right to charge extra for any remedial work or to have the item scrapped without refunding. The cost of remedial work will be advised prior to being carried out. The customer will be given the option to take the returned goods back at their expense if desired.
- Any bespoke items or specially painted RAL coloured items are non-returnable.
- Mech 416 Soil System pipes are non-returnable.
- All credits will be raised once the goods have been returned and inspected.
Restocking Charges which apply
Please be aware that all returns for Cast Iron Gutters and Soil & Drainage will incur a re-stocking charge:
- Premier Primed Standard Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Standard Rainwater - 35%
- Premier Primed Sand Cast Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Sand Cast Rainwater- 35%
- Premier LCC Soil - 25%
- Halifax Soil & Drain Systems Fittings Only - 25%
- Mech 416 Soil System Fittings Only - 35%
- Traditional Express Soil System - 35%
The % charged is based on the net selling price of the original goods - this charge is unfortunately out of our control as it is levied on us by the manufacturer.