Cast Iron Gutter - Half Round
PBSL's Cast Iron Guttering, supplied by Yorkshire-based foundry Hargreaves, is produced using traditional procedures to BS 460 and offered in four different sizes —100mm, 115mm, 125mm, and 150mm. It is available in either a black gloss paint finish or a grey primed option, which gives protection on-site before the final paint coatings are applied on-site in your own choice of colour.
Half Round Cast Iron Gutter has been used for generations as a guttering material can be in the UK. In use since the Victorian era, this variety of gutter epitomises a classic tradition that has existed for over a century, throughout diverse developments in structural technology. Sturdy, durable, and able to be totally recycled, Cast Iron is a widely used material in every type of application in the UK building trade due to its strength and longevity.
Much preferred by public bodies and governmental buildings, it is equally at home on private houses, churches, schools and colleges. Cast Iron Gutters are also an extremely popular selection for listed buildings.
KEY FEATURES OF CAST IRON GUTTERING
- System is produced to BS460:1964 in the UK
- Available in either Black Painted or Grey Transit Primer Finish
- Lasts over 40 years when installed correctly
- Wide range of shapes — Half Round, Beaded Half Round, Box Section, Deepflow — and three differing decorative Ogee designs
- Three typical sizes of downpipes available: 65mm (2 1/2"), 75mm (3") and 100mm (4")
- Excellent assortment of Ornamental Hoppers to choose from
ADVANTAGES OF USING CAST IRON GUTTERING
Cast Iron is a remarkably durable material — many authentic installations from as early as the Victorian period still exist within the UK in, around the North of England and London in particular. When maintained accurately, Cast Iron Guttering outlives all competing products made from alternative materials.
Because Cast Iron is connected to tradition, it is used especially well on period-style properties, from Victorian terraces to one-off houses. As well as this, it is the most-used guttering material on listed buildings; a large number of planning officers refuse to accept alternative materials. Iron is sourced naturally, so it is completely recyclable — combine this with its incredibly long lifespan, and Cast Iron can be justifiably seen as a truly environmentally friendly material.
COMPATIBILITY OF CAST IRON GUTTERING
The majority of PVC Gutter manufacturers incorporate adaptors to half round cast iron in their collection. These adaptors typically consist of a compressed rubber seal, making an impermeable joint by tightening a PVC strap, normally with a nut and bolt assembly. Also available are adaptors to Cast Iron Ogee, which attach the PVC gutter to the metal by using a nut and bolt through the gutter section, and furthermore make the joint by using silicon sealant.
INSTALLING CAST IRON GUTTERING
Every Cast Iron Gutter and Downpipes is available in 1830mm length, with pre-drilled openings which allow for nut, bolt, and silicon fastening.
Full instructions for installation that are easy to follow on-site can be found in our Guides & Tips section.
If you instead merely want more information about Cast Iron Guttering before placing an order, we have composed a collection of articles that will aid you in your decision. Click here to see our top tips for buying Cast Iron Guttering and our report on the features and benefits of Cast Iron Guttering.
DELIVERY AND RETURNS
For details on delivery and returns of this product range, please consult the Delivery & Returns tab.
Want some advice on how to install your Cast Iron Gutters, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.
Guides & Reviews
Installation & Maintenance
HARGREAVES DELIVERY & RETURNS
Our general Delivery & Returns policy can be found here. Below you can consult specific details regarding Delivery & Returns of Hargreaves Cast Iron products.
DELIVERY OF HARGREAVES FOUNDRY CAST IRON PRODUCTS
Please note - there is an extended lead time for some of these products as detailed below.
Next day delivery is available on (providing orders are placed by 12 noon):
- Round Downpipes & Fittings
- Gutters & Fittings
- Standard Rainwater Heads
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) fittings and 1.8mtr lengths
Please allow 3-5 days for delivery of any:
- Soil Pipes & Fittings
- Drainage Pipes & Fittings
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) 3mtr lengths
Please note, that although most of our Cast Iron products are ex-stock , some items may be made to order, or painted to order, which can lead to extended lead times. Should your order be affected by this, we will contact you as soon as we can to advise of any delays.
Our Returns Policy for Hargreaves Foundry Products
Our cast iron products come direct from Hargreaves Foundry (HF) in Halifax so returns will need to go directly back to them.
Terms & Conditions of any returns
- All return requests must be notified within 90 days of the goods being despatched from HF. All damaged items must be notified within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- HF reserve the right to inspect the goods prior to any agreement to return.
- All items must be returned in a saleable condition.
- Once agreed, the goods must be returned within 14 days from the date on the Return Form. Otherwise the return will be deemed void and no credit raised.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange and pay the cost of returning the goods to HF.
- All returns must be accompanied with the relevant Return Form.
- The original carriage charge is non-refundable.
- If for any reason the goods are returned damaged, HF reserve the right to charge extra for any remedial work or to have the item scrapped without refunding. The cost of remedial work will be advised prior to being carried out. The customer will be given the option to take the returned goods back at their expense if desired.
- Any bespoke items or specially painted RAL coloured items are non-returnable.
- Mech 416 Soil System pipes are non-returnable.
- All credits will be raised once the goods have been returned and inspected.
Restocking Charges which apply
Please be aware that all returns for Cast Iron Gutters and Soil & Drainage will incur a re-stocking charge:
- Premier Primed Standard Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Standard Rainwater - 35%
- Premier Primed Sand Cast Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Sand Cast Rainwater- 35%
- Premier LCC Soil - 25%
- Halifax Soil & Drain Systems Fittings Only - 25%
- Mech 416 Soil System Fittings Only - 35%
- Traditional Express Soil System - 35%
The % charged is based on the net selling price of the original goods - this charge is unfortunately out of our control as it is levied on us by the manufacturer.