Ogee Cover Boards - 9mm
An attractive and decorative alternative to standard cover boards. Ogee fascia cover boards feature a moulded profile, rather like an S shape, that provides a decorative effect at the bottom edge of the board. It is popular on older buildings as well as new build projects.
Using this board to cover an old timber fascia is a clever way to turn tired wood into an eyecatching feature. It also looks exceptionally good when used in conjunction with our Ogee Guttering.
MAINTENANCE OF PVC FASCIA
PVC profiles will not rot, warp, crack or erode. Boards do not require painting or any other protective treatment. To maintain an as new surface appearance, occasional washing with a non-scratch mild detergent and water will remove any surface grime particularly in a polluted atmosphere. Do not use solvents or abrasive cleaners.
FIRE RESISTANCE - PVC FASCIA, SOFFIT
Our FloPlast fascia, cover and soffit boards carry a Class 2Y surface spread of flame rating in accordance to BS 476-7: 1997, while our hollow soffit boards have achieved a Class 1Y rating. Our Kestrel bullnosed 22mm boards carry a Class 1 surface spread of flame rating in accordance to BS 476-7: 1987, while our 16mm boards carry a Class 1 surface spread of flame rating in accordance to BS 476-7: 1997. This means that although the spread-of-flame across the surface of PVC is limited, the material does tend to char and may fall away when exposed to fire.
However, it is unlikely that the roof trim system will significantly affect the overall fire performance on any roof on which it is installed. Where it is normal practice to carry the eaves box over, between dwellings, it is important that the box is firestopped at compartment walls with a proprietary fire stop material.
DURABILITY AND THERMAL EFFICIENCY OF PVC BUILDING PRODUCTS
The combined cellular core and co-extruded PVC-U surface skin ensure high durability in all conditions. PVC-U is resistant to acids, alkalis, seawater and atmospheric pollution. PVC used as a construction material has very good insulating properties, it actually improves overall thermal insulation of a composite wall construction.
HOW WORKABLE IS PVC?
Cutting, drilling, nailing and shaping are all easily achieved using conventional woodworking tools. Stainless steel pins/nails should be used for fixing. A fine-toothed blade is best when cutting with a handsaw. If using power tools, they should be operated at at least the same speed as when working with timber, ideally using carbide tipped blades. Face and eye protection should be worn.
INSTALLATION OF PVC ROOFLINE PRODUCTS
Boards should be fitted only at temperatures between 0 and 30 degrees C. Stainless steel fixings of an adequate length should be used at a maximum of 600mm centres (400mm for woodgrain). Boards should only be fixed to sound timber – you should cut out and replace any rot with treated softwood.
As all PVC building products naturally expand and contract, a 10mm gap should be allowed for thermal movement at joints and corners.
For more details please visit our Guides & Tips section.
OTHER FEATURES OF PVC BUILDING PRODUCTS
The boards come with a film protection which should be removed just prior to fitting. Boards should be stored flat and supported on a firm base at temperatures of below 30 degrees C. Screen from direct sunlight to avoid heat build up inside polythene sleeves.
All boards are manufactured with a high gloss finish with blemish free surface.
PVC FASCIA AND SOFFIT GUARANTEE
Our co-extruded cellular boards come with a ten year product guarantee in respect of performance and significant discolouration. Full details are available upon request.
- Ogee Cover Board - 150mm x 9mm x 5mtr White - Pack of 2£23.39 £28.07 Save 10% £25.99 £31.19
- Ogee Cover Board - 175mm x 9mm x 5mtr White - Pack of 2£27.64 £33.17 Save 10% £30.71 £36.85
- Ogee Cover Board - 200mm x 9mm x 5mtr White - Pack of 2£31.69 £38.03 Save 10% £35.21 £42.25
- Ogee Cover Board - 225mm x 9mm x 5mtr White - Pack of 2£36.32 £43.58 Save 10% £40.35 £48.42
- Ogee Cover Board - 250mm x 9mm x 5mtr White - Pack of 2£41.15 £49.38 Save 10% £45.72 £54.86
- Ogee Fascia Box End Cover - 60mm x 404mm White£6.21 £7.45 Save 10% £6.90 £8.28
- Ogee Cover Board Box End - 404mm x 9mm x 1.25mtr White£15.26 £18.31 Save 10% £16.95 £20.34
- Ogee Fascia Joint Double Ended - 500mm White£3.41 £4.09 Save 10% £3.79 £4.55
- Ogee Fascia Corner - 300mm White£2.39 £2.87 Save 10% £2.66 £3.19
- Ogee Fascia Corner Double Ended - 500mm White£4.80 £5.76 Save 10% £5.33 £6.40
- Ogee Fascia Internal Corner - 300mm White£3.13 £3.76 Save 10% £3.48 £4.18
- Plastic Headed Pins - 40mm White - Box of 250£9.46 £11.35
- PVC-u Superglue Activator Spray - 200ml£4.75 £5.70