Our Terravault is a modular cellular confinement crate system that provides protection for the roots of trees from both pedestrian and vehicular traffic. The system allows quality root structure of new and existing trees to grow in a healthy environment.
The installation of trees being planted in a street or carpark setting has grown in popularity. Whilst the trees look great it’s often the case that the pavement underneath has dips and cracks everywhere as the tree roots have grown upwards fighting towards the light.
Alternatively, you may find the pavement intact, but the trees no longer flourish as the roots haven’t enough room to grow in the highly compacted ground. We have the perfect solution to help.
The Terravault is a modular unit that enables the successful planting and growth of trees within urban environments without impacting on the stability of pavements or roads as a result of unmanaged root growth. The cellular confinement system provides guaranteed protection for the roots of mature trees from pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
MODULAR TERRAVAULT UNITS
The Terravault is the strongest product of its kind in the market. It provides a unique solution to the problem of how to control the root zone. Terravault modules are assembled to form a skeletal matrix that supports relevant pavement loads while providing large volumes of un-compacted soil within the structure for a free root growth.
The open matrix provides a maximum growth zone for tree roots. More than 95% of the internal void volume is available for un-compacted soil and root growth.
Traditionally, rock and soil mix is used to provide support for pavement, this has led to some root growth within the pavement. The Terravault system has moved this principle forwarded by entirely replacing the rock (80% of the total volume). The engineered modules provide the structural strength for pavement loads whilst providing a free un-compacted root zone for trees.
The Terravault system prevents damage to the root structure from vertical pressures by completing absorbing all imposed loads placed upon it. This permits a quality root structure of new and existing trees to grow in a healthy environment.
The voids should be filled with nutrient-rich soil to act as a slow-release fertiliser continually feeding the root structure. The system should be wrapped in a root barrier.
The system can be incorporated into a sustainable drainage design.
- Rainsmart Terravault Root Protection - Single Module Flat Packed£27.50 £33.00
- Terravault Root Protection System - 5 SQM Shallow Flat Packed£374.50 £449.40
- Terravault Root Protection System - 12 SQM Shallow Flat Packed£963.00 £1,155.60
- Terravault Root Protection System - 5 SQM Double Flat Packed£704.06 £844.87
- Terravault Root Protection System - 12 SQM Double Flat Packed£1,810.44 £2,172.53
- Terravault Root Protection System - 5 SQM Triple Flat Packed£1,033.62 £1,240.34
- Terravault Root Protection System - 12 SQM Triple Flat Packed£2,657.88 £3,189.46
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Spare Small Plate£3.12 £3.74
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Spare Large Plate£4.32 £5.18